The Senior Java Systems Developer will be doing full stack development in an Agile team using Java/J2EE, Spring/Hibernate, etc. This candidate will design, code, test, debug and document programs.
- Consult with Business Users, System Analysts, Technical Leads, and Project Managers to establish specifications and agree on time frame for completion of assigned requests.
- Write detailed description of user needs, system design, program functions, and steps required to modify computer systems; review specifications with System Analysts, Technical Leads, and Business User to ensure compliance
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware, operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Develop, Code or modify, test, and debug application programs of varying degree of complexity. Install applications into production environments following change control processes.
- Work with System Analysts, Technical Leads, and Business Users to develop and implement acceptance test plan to ensure product meets customer requirements and expectations
- Assist less experienced staff in user specifications, coding, testing, and debugging
- Maintain regular communication on project status with Team lead, project management, and IS management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area of study, or equivalent combination of education and/or relevant work experience; High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 5 years of experience with application development using Java and J2EE
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without need for work visa or residency sponsorship
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team and independently
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills
- Ability to transition abstract concepts into stable and supportable software solutions
- Ability to develop unbiased options and recommendations to technical problems and unbiased comparisons
- Strong traits of decisiveness and judgment
- Excellent documentation skills