Our growing client, voted one of the top ten workplaces in Chicago, is looking for a DevOps Solution Architect to bring onto their dynamic team. DevOps Solution Architect is an expert-level specialist in the decomposition of legacy application monoliths into their equivalent distributed services or "coarse grained objects". The DevOps Solution Architect has a strong understanding of how business growth at the $1 Billion+ level drives systems and platform change. The DevOps Solution Architect will have demonstrated experience in harmonizing existing legacy platforms with forward-looking microservices architecture.
- Strong candidates will show demonstrated expertise in:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Kubernetes (GCP/GKE desirable)
- Service Mesh (Istio desirable)
- API Management (Kong or Apigee desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in designing and leading the implementation of microservices using any of the major frameworks.
- Expertise in major application integration, containment & orchestration technologies (Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Mulesoft, etc).
- Design, and lead, a migration from the legacy to the new architecture.
- This position requires the individual to be able to switch between the "big picture" organizational view of their role to the detailed implementation view comfortably and seamlessly.
- Interacting with business leaders, technology leadership, technical implementation teams, customers, and each other.
- Harmonizing existing legacy platforms with forward-looking microservices architecture.
- Decomposition of legacy application monoliths into their equivalent distributed services or "coarse grained objects."