Our growing client, voted one of the top ten workplaces in Chicagoland, is looking for a Sr Microservices Architect to bring onto their dynamic team. Sr Microservices Architect is an expert-level specialist in the decomposition of legacy application monoliths into their equivalent distributed services or "coarse grained objects". The Sr Microservices Architect has a strong understanding of how business growth at the $1 Billion+ level drives systems and platform change. The Sr Microservices Architect will have demonstrated experience in harmonizing existing legacy platforms with forward-looking microservices architecture.
- Expert level understanding of messaging middleware, pub-sub architectures, asynchronous computing, and producer-consumer abstraction
- Expert level understanding of "share nothing" distributed architectures.
- Expert level understanding of event-driven distributed compute from web front end through logistics fulfillment.
- Expert level understanding of cloud and container technologies.
- Expert level understanding of major microservices patterns (Registration, Discovery, Sidecars, Circuit breakers, etc.)
- Expertise in major application integration, containment & orchestration technologies (Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Mulesoft, etc).
- Design, and lead, a migration from the legacy to the new architecture.
- This position requires the individual to be able to switch between the "big picture" organizational view of their role to the detailed implementation view comfortably and seamlessly.
- Interacting with business leaders, technology leadership, technical implementation teams, customers, and each other.
- Harmonizing existing legacy platforms with forward-looking microservices architecture.
- Decomposition of legacy application monoliths into their equivalent distributed services or "coarse grained objects."