Senior Software Developer
Location: Columbus-East, OH
Job Type: Perm
Our Client is seeking a Senior Software Developer
The Senior Software Developer will manage the entire software development life-cycle. Qualified candidates should possess a strong passion for coding and creating a quality product that meets and exceeds the needs of the business. This person should also be able to demonstrate a past history of exceptional coding.
• Responsible for providing development enhancement
• Troubleshooting and maintenance for various software applications.
• Architecting, planning, designing and developing new feature functionality for software applications per internal specifications as well as identifying, troubleshooting and debugging defects in designated application code.
• The Senior Software Developer should possess a strong passion for coding and creating a quality product that meets and exceeds the needs of the business. This person should also be able to demonstrate a past history of exceptional coding.
1. Work independently and collaboratively in a team environment to develop, maintain and support client/server and web applications based on Microsoft .NET, C# and SQL Server technologies.
2. Accomplished at participating and leading all phases of the development lifecycle including design and maintenance
3. Able to self-direct and handle multiple competing projects simultaneously as well as ascertaining the highest priority
4. Be able to lead design, make architectural decisions, and participate in code reviews. Work with the BA in customer meetings to get requirements and provide feedback as the subject matter expert
5. Be able to work independently and as a member of a team to complete projects
6. Be able to participate in sprint planning meetings and contribute to code reviews
7. Work with business and management to ensure product is tested thoroughly
8. Be able to architect solutions that meet the requirements without being unnecessarily complex
9. Translate business and design goals into usable products.
10. Mentor more junior developers by providing advice, coaching, and educational suggestions
1. Must be self-motivated, decisive, ambitious, have high personal ethics and a willingness to take personal responsibility for the applications they develop.
2. Must be able to develop professional and personal relationships with co-workers and end-users, and must be a positive and people-oriented person with excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to lead a team and a project.
3. Understand and speak to all aspects of the software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.).
4. Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent.
5. At least 6 years of software design/development experience.
7. Experience with XML and Web Services
8. Experience with Entity Framework, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, SSIS, T-SQL and Database Security.
9. Experience with Business Intelligence Tools and Data Warehouse design (especially SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports) would be a plus.
10. Experience with SharePoint, SharePoint Designer and MS Office integration would be a plus.
11. Experience with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne would be a plus.
12. Experience with K2 Blackpearl would be a plus.