Senior Software Developer
Location: Columbus-East, OH
Job Type: Perm
Our client is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will manage the entire software development lifecycle. In addition, the Senior Software Developer will be responsible for providing development, enhancement, troubleshooting and maintenance for various software applications.
- Work independently and collaboratively in a team environment to develop, maintain and support client/server and web applications based on Microsoft .NET, C# and SQL Server technologies.
- Accomplished at participating and leading all phases of the development lifecycle including design and maintenance.
- Able to self-direct and handle multiple competing projects simultaneously as well as ascertaining the highest priority
Be able to lead design, make architectural decisions, and participate in code reviews
Work with the BA in customer meetings to get requirements and provide feedback as the subject matter expert
Be able to work independently and as a member of a team to complete projects
Be able to participate in sprint planning meetings and contribute to code reviews
Work with business and management to ensure product is tested thoroughly
- Be able to architect solutions that meet the requirements without being unnecessarily complex
- Translate business and design goals into usable products.
- Mentor more junior developers by providing advice, coaching, and educational suggestions
- Must be self-motivated, decisive, ambitious, have high personal ethics and a willingness to take personal responsibility for the applications they develop.
- Must be able to develop professional and personal relationships with co-workers and end-users, and must be a positive and people-oriented person with excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to lead a team and a project.
- Understand and speak to all aspects of the software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.).
- Experience with XML and Web Services Experience with Entity Framework, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, SSIS, T-SQL and Database Security.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools and Data Warehouse design (especially SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports) would be a plus.
- Experience with SharePoint, SharePoint Designer and MS Office integration would be a plus. Experience with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne would be a plus.