Sr. Database Architect
Location: Brentwood, TN
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Our client is looking for a Sr. Database Administrator to join their team. This is a 6 month contract to hire opportunity.
- Implements policies and procedures pertaining to deployment, security, maintenance, and disaster recovery within the database environments.
- Contributes to the development of the Database Technology Roadmap and associated strategic standards and processes.
- Position requires periodic after-hours support for production database environments.
- Duties will also include contributing to other technology projects requiring DBA expertise.
- Design, create and maintain highly available, secure SQL Server database instances.
- Architect, setup, monitor, document, and maintain High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions for production databases, document updates and maintain documentation of these solutions. database backup, recovery, and archival strategy
- Responsible for synchronizing and migrating data and database objects across non-production (Development, QA, Staging, UAT, etc.) and Production environments.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and work effort needed to design and implement complex technical solutions.
- Design and document database architecture (data modeling), including logical and physical layers.
- Participate in performing database performance analysis, capacity sizing and optimization,
- Create and execute scripts for various database maintenance activities, including task automation.
- Perform database tuning via monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing performance.
- Perform archival, backup and recovery processes.
- Design and implement database schemas, tables, procedures, and permissions
- Interact heavily with stakeholders. Focus on educating stakeholders on the value of the team’s capabilities, expertise, knowledge, base and delivery capabilities to solve specific problems.
- Consult with internal teams and stakeholders to best understand strategic and tactical goals, current issues, challenges, budgets and resources.
- Set up data sharing and disk partitioning.
- Monitor systems and platforms for availability.
- Monitor backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
- Install and test upgrades and patches.
- Implement security and encryption methodologies.
- Evaluate and recommend new database technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related degree, or relevant experience and accomplishments.
- 5+ years of experience as a Database Administrator supporting multiple SQL Servers within both production and non-production environments.
- Experience with supporting Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and later versions.
- Experience with database architecture and design.
- Experience with database tools SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, and SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Experience with SSRS.
- In-depth experience with database architecture and design, performance tuning, and optimization including execution plans, indexes, file groups, table partitioning, compression, etc.
- In-depth experience with High Availability solutions, including SQL clustering, Replication, and Availability Groups
- Extensive experience troubleshooting and resolving database issues
- Knowledge of Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Experience with data warehouse/large database implementation and support
- Experience performing after-hours support for SQL production environments
- Experience in deriving optimized physical data models from the logical data model
- Experience in SQL Server security administration using roles and profiles mechanism using industry best practices.
- Experience with database archival, backup, restore, and recovery processes
- Experience with database migrations across hardware and software upgrade
- Experience with database security and alerts management
- Extensive experience writing, debugging, and optimizing advanced SQL
- Extensive experience in query optimization, index utilization, table joins, etc.
- Experience with Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer and Server Application Monitor is a plus.