Location: Ashland City, TN
Job Type: Perm
Our client is looking for a Network Engineer for a 3+ contract role West of Nashville.
- Designs, implements, and manages network equipment and services.
- Evaluates and recommends new products and systems to improve network and telecommunications reliability, throughput, and productivity.
- Coordinates with business owners to determine business needs or requirements.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements new projects requiring network services.
- Performs analysis of bandwidth needs to ensure network optimization and cost savings.
- Partnering with Security, implement best practices and audit recommendations to maintain a secure network environment.
- Proactively assess potential items of risk and develop mitigation plans.
- Ensures network performance through testing, monitoring, and statistics reporting.
- Collaboratively manages and performs network systems software upgrades, including planning and scheduling, testing and coordination.
- Conducts feasibility studies, assesses impacts on existing system configurations, and performs and cost/benefit analyses to support the selection and purchase of network hardware and software.
- Four year degree in Information Technology Management, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience.
- ITIL certification is preferred, but not required.
- High level of proficiency in the following networking and communications systems:
- Firewall & VPN provisioning & maintenance LAN and WLAN design and deployment (Extreme Networks experience preferred) Router & networking service configuration, support (DHCP, WINS, DNS, etc.) Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.