Location: Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Job Type: Perm
Our client in Chicago is looking to hire a Director of Customer Experience & UX Design. This is a permanent opportunity.
The UX Leader is responsible for leading, managing, and developing a team composed of UX Architects, UX Designers and a UX Researcher; including full time employees and contractors.
· Build, lead, and develop a UX team that obsesses about creating business value by designing products that make our customer’s lives better
· Manage, grow and mentor team of UX architects, a researcher and visual designers
· Spearhead a top to bottom UX and visual redesign of all products – from web to iOS to Android and beyond
· Help the team evolve to an internal center of excellence and a trusted partner to Product Management and Tech/Dev.
· Lead others in, and hands-on as needed, architecture design (as needed): Develop concepts, wireframes, and prototypes
· Gather key insights into customer behavior to find their unmet & unspoken needs
· Collaborate with Product Management to drive product strategy and the development roadmap – be a trusted source of product ideas to the Product Managers
· Create clean, straight-forward, innovative user interfaces
· Be the user-advocate by subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centric design perspective
· Evaluate and introduce a repeatable design process
· Develop high-potential team members as future business leaders for our client.
· Evolve the team as appropriate
Education, Experience & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree Required, ideally in Fine Arts (BFA)
· Masters degree preferred, ideally in Fine Arts (MFA)
· Minimum 8+ years of UX Architecture for consumer facing products (web, responsive design, and native mobile)
· Demonstrable UX Architecture and people management experience -- design leadership a plus
· Expert in architecting clean, intuitive and innovative interfaces
· Knowledge of current UX best practices and design processes (Lean UX, Design Thinking)
· Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences, including senior leadership
· Experience driving research and usability testing, and turning the output into data that can drive product design decisions
· Solid experience with user-centric design (but know when to break the rules)
· Excellent interpersonal, business management, and developmental skills
· Demonstrated ability to meet or beat assigned targets and deadlines under normal circumstances
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with the following preferred: Axure, InVision, Sketch, Zeplin
· Training or education in any of the following preferred: User Experience (UX), User Design, User Interface (UI), Human-
· Computer Interaction (HCI), Human-Centered Computing, Interaction Design, Anthropology, Psychology