Our client is seeking a Controls Engineer
- Program PLC & HMI controls from reference with assistance.
- Program and troubleshoot control systems by working with the assembly and engineering teams.
- Ability to instruct FSEs in the operation and startup of our machinery and controls systems.
- Ensure effective communication with customers, product and project managers, and team members in defining system requirements, system operation, and schedule planning
- Provide support of new and existing equipment by providing on-site or phone support. Requires an understanding of our machines and their controls systems.
- Lead machine start-ups and coordination of installation services.
- Ability to train other Controls Engineers and Electrical Engineers.
- BSEE with emphasis on controls or systems design or demonstrable knowledge of Electrical and Control System concepts used in our industry.
- 5+ years’ experience preferred
- Variable frequency drive experience
- PLC experience: Proficiency with AB and Siemens required (Mitsubishi, GE, Omron, and others are a plus).
- Understanding of industrial networking
- Understanding of pneumatics/hydraulics design
- Robot control experience (ABB, Fanuc, or Kuka)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (40-60%)
- Ability to read and correct electrical prints if necessary.
- Experienced with AutoCAD Electrical.· Ability to manage multiple projects and work within a cross-functional team environment.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external customers.
- Is consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities.
- Uses tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.