a General Labor
Plastics Die Setter
Job Type: Contract to Hire
- Responsible for plastic injection mold tear down, repair and re-assembly. To evaluate, conduct and make recommendations for in-house and external preventative maintenance and repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work safely and follow all OSHA (lock out – tag out) and all other OSHA / State / Federal / Municipal Rules and Regulations.
- Responsible to perform “On the Job “die setters training when needed.
- Prepare and install tools in the machines in preparation for production runs
- Change tool inserts as needed
- Maintain Platen Holes and molds being stored in conditions that allow operations to start first time through
- Stage next tool on the schedule after each new tool set
- Properly Maintain Supplied Company Equipment to perform die changes and take proper care of all POF assists used to perform the duties of a die setter
- Install all necessary primary and secondary hook ups, hoses, clamps, valve gates mold zone controllers etc.
- Responsible to develop and follow the blue book instructions
- Retrieve and return tools to and from assigned locations including the (POF Annex) with proper preparation such as Mold Cleaning – Mold storage protection etc.
- Complete necessary paperwork to ensure proper die set installation was completed – as well as all required safety validation documentation
- Install and test safety mats as needed and required
- Ensure all tool operational sequencing are functioning properly and are connected properly to the designed locations – valve gates – hot runners zones – gas assists - water paths etc.
- Maintain hoses, clamps and other company tools in assigned storage locations and in an orderly manner
- Maintain the proper amount of secured die set preparation supplies – water fittings – hoses – clamps – bolts – washers etc. (related to die set ups).
- Willingly provide support in areas outside of die setting when needed – using all aspects of their technical abilities to support the company needs.