Our client, a Fortune 500 company and one of the top places to work in Northern Chicago Suburbs, is looking for an UX Lead to add to their growing UX team. The UX Lead will be embedded within a cross-functional team that is focused on improvements to the internal application and/or specific experiences on the client's website. The UX Lead should be able to convey concepts through sketches, flows, and wireframes, and clickable prototypes.
If you are passionate about building, prototyping, and continually evolving digital products throughout the product life-cycle, you will be a great fit!
- Contributes to early stage discovery and product definition by developing a deep understanding and definition of users, framing the problem, evaluating current state experiences and areas of competitive disadvantage, designing concepts and models
- Plans and conducts user research, testing, and other activities that bring user feedback into the product design process; Regularly shares findings and insights. Works with the Sr. Manager of UX and other design delivery leads to streamline processes, workflows, and templates in support of lean and agile methodologies
- Works with the Product Owner and Engineering leads to prioritize features and product enhancements that meet customer needs, deliver value to the business, and are technical feasible
- Translates business requirements and user needs into tangible interaction design through detailed user flows, wireframes, and low-fidelity prototypes
- Mentors and trains Jr. Level team members to ensure quality of design delivery within the product team and beyond
- 5+ years of work experience in a UX role; prior eCommerce experience is preferred
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates process, approach, and the ability to communicate informed design rationale and value.
- Demonstrated understanding of design, usability, and research best practices and standards
- Familiarity with delivering UX artifacts within an agile or lean framework (e.g., design sprints, dual-track agile); prior experience working with a product team is preferred
- Knowledge of Atlassian JIRA and Confluence platforms for agile collaboration and workflow management
- Experience with current design and rapid prototyping software, specifically Sketch + Invision and Axure
- Practical knowledge of Google Analytics and behavioral analytics tools such as Clicktale, SessionCam, or HotJar
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative user research methods and associated platforms, specifically UserTesting.com, Qualtrics, and Optimal Workshop. Experience with A/B and multivariate test design and analysis; familiarity with Google Optimize or Optimizely is a plus