Our client, a manufacturing organization that has been around for over a 100 years, is looking for a Quality Assurance Control Manager to join their team. Quality Assurance Control Manager must have experience in castings, forgings, metal stampings, heat treating & metal machining.
- Responsible for overall product quality and maintenance of the Quality Management.
- Ensuring effective systems for inspections, audits and quality control activities to meet all required specifications.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct the quality assurance program designed to ensure quality production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Driving quality control throughout the organization including generating KPI’s and timely reporting of the results, continuous improvement initiatives, inspection, testing, report generation for customers and vendors, and product certifications.
- Responsible for and must be qualified to perform effective internal and external quality system audits.
- 4+ years of related experience and/or training.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
- Experience with castings, forgings, metal stampings, heat treating, metal machining.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet search engines, E-mail, ERP system relative to quality (Oracle preferred).
- Comprehensive understanding preferred of AAR-M1003 and Association of American Railroads quality and auditing requirements. Knowledge and execution of other formal quality systems will be considered.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, customer drawings and specifications as well as quality requirements for compliance, production schedules, measurements, shipping and receiving reports, tagging.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.