Our client, a manufacturing organization that has been around for over a 100 years, is looking for a Cost Accountant to join their team! The Cost Accountant will apply principles of cost account to conduct studies & provide cost information not supplied by general accounting systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance. C.P.A. and/or MBA.
- Minimum of 3 years of Cost Accounting experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience using Oracle preferred but not required
- Collecting, recording, and analyzing data to determine costs of business activities such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Maintaining and improving bill-of-materials integrity.
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Financial statement review and analysis.
- Maintaining an adequate cost accounting system and system of accounting controls