Our client is looking for a permanent IT Project Manager in Nashville, TN.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Works with resource managers to ensure that resource needs are defined and the appropriate resources are estimated and assigned to project tasks.
- Creates a project estimated spend during the envisioning phase (including internal and external effort) by working with the various project stakeholders to create rough order of magnitude effort estimates, external spend estimates as appropriate.
- If applicable creates and administers the project budget which includes both hours and dollar estimates and tracks actual vs. budget results throughout the project lifecycle. Notifies the appropriate parties when consequential variances are identified.
- Manages all day-to-day operational aspects of a project including: scope, schedule, budget, communications, risk management, and issue management.
- Works with the delivery team (usually IT) and the testing team (usually QA) to ensure that any product/project delivered into production is as bug free as possible.
- Conducts project review meetings as necessary that include a meeting agenda, meeting minutes and an action item list with individual assignments and commitment dates.
- Conducts end of project follow up reviews to ensure that project value is realized.
- Maintains vendor relationships as appropriate.
- Reviews vendor contracts and holds vendors accountable for delivery.
- Can manage programs (a series of related projects).
- Can become the product manager post implementation based on being the subject matter expert on the product/project.
- Leads the project sponsorship meetings and makes presentations as necessary to boards of directors and senior management to sell the project, to bring serious issues to them with solutions, to provide status and to make recommendations around additional funding and/or project shutdown.
- Possesses a level of business acumen, professionalism and leadership ability that builds/earns the trust of associates and particularly senior management such that his/her leadership is followed and respected.
- A combination of 10 years of experience with business analysis, project delivery and/or project/portfolio management is required.
- Proven ability to communicate both oral and written information to all levels of an organization.
- Proven ability to lead cross functional project teams both IT and Business, influencing decisions, and facilitate problem solving.
- Knowledge of Project Management and IT best operating practices and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Visio.
Working knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle including planning, designing, developing, testing, and releasing custom software applications.
- Some knowledge of non-standard automobile insurance systems is desired.
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Project and Visio is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field (Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology etc.) or Business Administration is required.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) is desired.