EDI Analyst, experienced in automotive EDI operations. Develop, install, maintain and modify EDI application programs, related business application programs or other EDI integration processes or programs, including EDI templates and labeling requirements. Identify and analyze user requirements and recommend appropriate applications or modifications. Troubleshoot EDI issues in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as primary contact for setup of new EDI Trading Partner relationships.
- Establish Trading Partner relationships with new and existing customers and vendors, in accordance with company standards and policies.
- Work with Customer Service and Application Development teams to establish EDI document standards and to test new document translations, mappings and implementation.
- Respond to customer requests for changes to existing documents, verify that the requested change will continue to conform to company standards, and coordinate/conduct joint testing of approved changes.
- Advise vendors of planned changes to company document standards and coordinate/conduct joint testing of approved changes.
- Assist Customer Service with daily EDI exception logs as needed and ensure any errors are corrected.
- Assist Customer Service with daily EDI acknowledgement reports as needed and ensure that all transmissions are received in a timely manner. Investigate any unacknowledged documents and resolve issues.
- Test label programs in conjunction with Application Development team in order to meet customer labeling requirements.
- Provide on call support for EDI operations.
- Participate in the development of EDI training materials and assist in conducting training.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Assist personnel of other departments as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Functional EDI experience with Future 3
- Proven technical proficiency using EDI software.
- Experience troubleshooting EDI mapping and label issues.
- Technical knowledge of basic EDI documents: 810 Invoice, 830 Material Release, 862 Shipping Schedule, 850 Purchase Order and 856 ASN (as a minimum).
- Excellent problem solving skills and critical thinking.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize while working on multiple projects.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team environment, yet self-motivated and self-directed.
- Must demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree, 2+ years of EDI related experience and/or training or an appropriate combination of education and experience as determined by IT management. Report writing experience (such as Crystal Report Writer) is a plus.