Our client, who has doubled their size each of the last 3 years, is looking to bring on an Android Developer for their team in Chicago. Our client is on Inc. 5000 & was voted one of the best places to work in Chicago. Our client is looking for an Android Developer who will work as a key team member alongside other application developers and support staff. The Android Developer will possess the skills to manage multiple initiatives, spanning new software development projects as well as application maintenance and support. In addition, our client offers Work-from-home Fridays & a Take-it-as-you-want it vacation policy.
- Minimum of 2 years development experience with the Android SDK in Android Studio
- Background working with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity working with Git version control in a collaborative team environment, creating pull requests and performing code reviews.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and ability to write perform queries using SQL.
- Working knowledge of software design patterns, experience writing automated tests.
- Have contributed to at least 1 application on the Google Play Store.
- Leading architecture and development of Android applications.
- Coordinating with strategy, internal and external stakeholders, and design during various project stages.
- Being a core contributor to codebases across many projects and clients.
- Working with cross-platform (native and web) team members to coordinate, and in some cases drive, feature functionality and implementation.
- Promote good team practices, such as regular code review and pair programming.
- Assisting the client support team using your technical background.
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations and approaches.