JOB TITLE: SAP BASIS Administrator, IT
Focusing on components of SAP systems, application servers and interface with SAP. Specialist or subject matter expert with hands on experience, who primarily apply their technical skills on multiple mission critical SAP systems. Oversee administration of SAP Landscape and dependent SAP systems.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsible for monitoring and administration of SAP and supporting systems. The SAP BASIS Administrator must understand SAP system administration practices for ABAP, JAVA, Business Objects and HANA. The candidate will also work with senior level staff to define and implement standards and review recommended changes. Responsible for enforcement of all SOX IT policies.
- Monitor, analyze, identify and respond to trends in system performance and resource utilization with SAP technology stack. Perform root cause analysis and assist in resolution of issues discovered.
- Support SAP installation, configuration, and implementation, related to ECC, BW, TM(SCM), PI, Portal, Business Objects, GRC, BPC, SLT & HANA.
- Define and drive best practices in Basis Processes. Measure and report performance KPIs. Plan and execute initiatives. Prepare and publish status reports and performance reports for operations and projects as applicable.
- Maintain documentation for active technical configurations.
- Participate in planning sessions and other related meetings with information technology peers, internal business users and external partners.
- Manage the Disaster Recovery (DR) Process for the SAP systems including updating of the DR plan, periodic testing and activation in the event of an emergency.
- Work with Application and Technical teams to solve day to day operations incidents and requests.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Minimum of 4+ years direct SAP work experience
- Exceptional problem solving, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to grasp new technologies
- SAP Cloud Experience
- ITIL Certified/ITSM Experience
- Ability to work collaborate across team both from the business and information technology
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Ability to work with and a globally dispersed team
- Proven commitment to the Project Management profession
- General knowledge for systems integration and vendor management