Electrical Engineer and System Integration
Location: Schoolcraft, MI
Job Type: Perm
- Design, implement & maintain process documentation for communications, PLC programs & instrumentation.
- Lead internal resources & outside contractors to implement projects as assigned.
- Create and maintain electrical process documentation such as P&ID’s motor lists, I/O lists, etcCreate, modify & maintain electrical panel designs
- Create, or modify control systems configurations and operator interface parameters
- Process documentation
- Perform PLC system preventative maintenance, troubleshooting & engineering services
- Assist in establishing spare parts inventory levels and PM schedules
- Work with internal & external resources to complete tasks & projects including local plant personnel, outside contractors, utility companies, government agencies, etc.
- Provide training to internal resources on new processes, process changes etc. as necessary
- Work within established schedules & budgets, and provide progress reports as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Preferred
- 5-10 years of experience designing, installing & integrating process control systems
- Able to effectively communicate on the telephone
- Adept in use of Autocad, MS Office, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, and ideally Power Point to basic level
- Able to create & modify PLC & HMI programs using Allen Bradley/Rockwell platforms such as Compact Logix, Control Logix, PLC5, Panelview & RSView Factory Talk View
- Ability to travel, both domestic & internationally