Location: Nashville, TN
Job Type: Perm
Our Client in Nashville is looking for a Senior Network Engineer ( CCNA Highly preferred) to join the growing team!
Wonderful work/ life balance, benefits, 401k match, bonus etc. Cutting edge tech stack.
**This is a full time role, please no C2C**
· Designs, installs, configures, administers, maintains, monitors, tunes, troubleshoots, and performs capacity planning for all network related equipment including, but not limited to, switches, routers, firewalls, IDS/IPS platforms, internet/MPLS circuits, web filters, WAN optimization platforms, VPN devices, and wireless networking infrastructure.
· Assists with all aspects of network monitoring and troubleshooting efforts, including defining requirements, recommending and implementing tools, and providing advanced troubleshooting abilities.
· Drives network administration best-practices including configuration updates, user account administration, configuration backups, collection of capacity and performance data, IP Address Management, and the creation and maintenance of accurate, clear, and concise network documentation.
· Perform proactive maintenance of all network devices including, but not limited to, checking error logs, checking hardware error lights, log archival and/or cleanup, access log reviews, and any required device patches, code, or firmware updates.
· Work with vendors to spec out and procure network platforms, and ensure all required hardware, software, and services have up to date maintenance agreements. Work with vendor support organizations on any support issues requiring their assistance.
· Works with the IT Security team to ensure all solutions are fully compliant with all compliance initiatives (including PCI and MAR) and in line with current company information security policies.
· Supports network change activities in accordance with company IT Change Management processes.
· Establishes and maintains positive, professional working relationships with all PGC associates and vendors.
· Supports after-hours on-call requirements, planned maintenance activities, and disaster recovery exercises.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Four or more years of experience with the engineering and management of networking technologies including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless, VPN, and traffic filters. Solid understanding of network protocols and technologies including TCP/IP, UDP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, DNS, DHCP, Spanning Tree, MPLS, and WAN optimization.
· Ability to analyze and solve both common and complex IT problems through reasoning, troubleshooting, and innovative thinking. Knowledge of tools for troubleshooting and monitoring of network performance, including tool selection, design, and implementation for automated monitoring of network equipment and advanced troubleshooting of applications. Ability to troubleshoot applications by capturing and analyzing network traffic with tools such as Wireshark is required.
· Knowledge and understanding of network diagraming and ability to produce detailed network documentation.
· Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, with all levels of management and vendors.
· Ability to convey technical concepts in a non-technical manner.
· High sense of ownership of the network environment with a customer service mindset.
· Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment with shifting priorities while keeping stakeholders abreast of progress and expected completion dates for all assignments.
· Proficient user of office productivity software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
· Understanding of ITIL best practices preferred.
· Bachelor degree with concentration in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Certification in Cisco based technologies (CCNA or better required)
· ITIL v3 Foundations certification desirable