User Experience Researcher
Job Type: Contract to Hire
The core goals, expectations, and objectives of the Researcher role are to:
- Your role is critical in interpreting and translating the behaviors, attitudes, and needs of a range of end-users into actionable insights, opportunities, and recommendations to prioritize requirements, improve workflow and engagement, and enhance experiences within and across employee-facing digital solutions.
- You need to be a user and research advocate throughout the user-experience lifecycle, supporting an omni-channel business and influencing employee and customer interactions across desktop, mobile, and in-store experiences.
- You will work hand-in-hand with partners in Product Management, UX Design, Market Research, Analytics/Customer Intelligence, Strategy, and Engineering to help create and test solutions that drive business and customer value.
- In close partnership with UX Designers and Product teams, the Researcher will identify opportunities to uncover and prioritize users' needs and values, evaluate experiences at varying stages of development, and be responsible for research implementation and output.
- Demonstrate an excellence in qualitative research
- Manage generative and evaluative user and design research including facilitating team alignment, research planning, execution, analysis, and delivery of results.
- Translate user needs, behaviors, attitudes, and research findings into clear insights, actionable recommendations, strategic opportunities, and guiding principles.
- Work closely with UX Design team and Researchers to define testing needs and articulate insights and opportunities
- Synthesize insights across research activities and phases and distribute throughout project team to drive shared customer understanding and facilitate empathy for the end-user experience.
- Identify gaps in knowledge and surface new and strategic opportunities for continued research, evaluation, and understanding.
- Build collaborative partnerships and be a trusted advisor to the Product, Business Analysis, and Development teams and stakeholders
- Partner with User Experience Design to ensure solutions fall within the intersection of business goals, user needs, and technological constraints.
- Drive engagement in research activities with key business partners and promote adoption of broad set of research methods.
- Maintain project engagement – and continue to represent the end-user – throughout development to ensure a customer-centric experience
- Work closely with UX Design team to evangelize User-Centered Design best practices
- 2- 4 years of experience in a similar role and user-centric design environment.
- Demonstrated experience in scoping, planning, designing, executing, and analyzing qualitative user research
- Passionate about the retail space and creating meaningful experiences leveraging a range of channels and touchpoints
- Dedicated, empathetic, and entrepreneurial
- Adept at solving for both near- and long-term experience needs and identifying resulting opportunities
- Excited about and highly experienced in creating and leveraging a wide range of research methods to support the varied research needs and help inform design and experience throughout the project lifecycle
- A natural "people-person," skilled at forging strong working relationships across disciplines and translating the needs, perspectives, priorities, and constraints of all partners into compelling research plans and actionable outcomes