Our Client in downtown Nashville has on opening for a Senior level SQL DBA to join their team.
This is a full time role with a great culture, and state of the art technology.
( ** sorry, no C2C is allowed for this role**)
POSITION SUMMARY: Operates and maintains all database environments. Duties include 24x7 support, change implementation and problem diagnosis. Serves as a resource in database technologies. Represents effective level of knowledge and expertise for databases within BMI Information Services Group.
Skills and Abilities:
- Performance history of providing technical knowledge with high levels of integrity and results
- Understanding of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) fundamentals
- Ability to use SQL programming skills to perform data troubleshooting and data manipulation tasks is preferred
- Experience with disaster recovery planning and implementation is preferred.
- Eperience with data profiling, meta-data analysis, data modeling, and relational schema design is required
- Understanding of crossing platforms (e.g. – MySQL to Oracle), code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle is preferred
- Experience using third-party database monitoring tools is preferred
- Strong communication skills; including ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing is required
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Expertise supporting the data repository needs of the IBM product stack
SQL Server Database
- Minimum five years’ experience with SQL Server relational databases and high-volume transaction processing systems, preferably in a custom software development environment with at least one year of large data environment of 50 TB of data
- Minimum two years of experience in system installation and upgrade, backup and recovery, data server migration, developer support, configuration and support of DTS and SSIS jobs, SQL Server Agent jobs and maintenance plans
- Minimum two years supporting of SQL and T-SQL, DDL, and DML
- Minimum two years experience in SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014; SQL Server 2016 experience is a plus
- Azure SQL Server experience is a plus
- Minimum five years experience with Oracle relational databases and high volume transaction processing systems, preferably in a custom software development environment, with at least one year in large data environment of 50 TB of data
- Minimum two years of experience with Oracle 11g
- Minimum two years of experience with Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC)
- Minimum two years providing technical design, development and maintenance of Oracle databases in a high availability configuration
- Minimum two years supporting C++ and JAVA environments