Our client in downtown Nashville has a Full Time opening on their Network Admin Team
wonderful environment, exciting tech stack, awesome benefits and laid back environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
with specific focus on the following:
- Monitors and maintains network infrastructure systems including LAN, WLAN, WAN, VPN connections, network hardware.
- Monitors network and systems performance and prepares recommendation(s) regarding current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues of network related devices.
- Performs repairs, maintenance and upgrades of existing systems using solutions in accordance with standard operating procedures. Investigates and resolves matters of significance.
- Monitors and maintains backups of device configurations, which includes regular testing of backup integrity.
- Provides escalated technical support to customers by handling network-related issues; may provide on-call technical support telephonically and/or electronically.
- Conducts moderately complex projects or phases of significant projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff and 3rd party relationships in the performance of assigned projects.
- Applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques and assists in the development, implementation and documentation of processes and procedures to ensure compliance with standard business practices. Develops and implements training tools and documentation.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Systems, Support, Information Security and BI/Data Analytic teams to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate servers to meet business demands.
- WAN/ LAN
- new circuits- whole new design
- new internet connectivity at all locations
- Highly focused on security
- SNORT and Taps
- IDS/ IPS
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Aruba wireless
- CISCO LAN/ WAN
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- OSPF/ BGP routing
- High availability network- the 2 main sites are Nash and New York. he wants to establish a seamless connection via routing / switching
- Aruba 802.1.x networking.
- GIAC certifications preferred, not required