Primary Purpose of the Job
Lead compliance to internal and external quality assurance requirements for assigned products and/or customers.
- Company Quality System requirements
- Customer Quality requirements
To include Core tools(Process Flow charts, PFMEA’s, Control Pans), Corrective Action reports, PPAP’s, etc..
- Support internal projects – product transfers, new technology, new processes, etc.. Product or process capability, control plans, internal PPAP’s as identified in the project plan.
- Analysis of processes using statistical techniques.
- Customer Corrective Actions – assure corrective actions are submitted per Customer requirements and timelines. Lead/participate in problem solving teams to assure effective corrective actions are implemented.
- Lead customer PPAP process per customer requirements. Complete all PPAP requirements. Submit PPAP’s that meet customer expectations.
- Product Launch requirements – lead the development, implementation and maintenance of Control Plans. Complete Quality Product Launch checklist requirements. Participate in the development of Core tools – Process flow charts, PFMEA’s.
- Customer PPM’s – lead the effort to meet or exceed customer PPM targets.
- Internal Corrective Actions – assure corrective actions are submitted per Walbro requirements and timelines. Lead/participate in problem solving teams to assure effective corrective actions are implemented.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with all departments and Corporate support functions.
- Support KPI goals as established – Scrap, Internal ppm’s, external ppm’s.
- Customer support – provide support at customer facilities as required – follow up on issues, containment actions, Corrective Action reviews, etc..
- Performs such individual assignments as supervisors and superiors may direct.
- Maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
Required Training, Knowledge and Experience
- A degree in engineering or engineering technology, manufacturing experience, in addition to professional accreditation as a quality engineer by an appropriate authority.
- Minimum 5+ years manufacturing Quality experience in the automotive industry.
- Knowledge of PPAP’s, FMEA’s, 8D’s, and the application of statistical tools – capability studies, correlation, etc..
- ISO 9001/TS-16949 quality system requirements
- Knowledge of machining and blow molding processes preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints with knowledge of GD&T
- Microsoft Office
- Sharepoint, MINITAB - desired
- Language: conversational knowledge of Spanish, Chinese, Thai, or Japanese a plus