What are the daily responsibilities / expectations of this resource?
· All I get are front end dev resumes. Not the same thing.
· Do all the interviews
· Understand the way the page needs to work
· Design the wireframes
· Design the pages
· Hand it off
Responsible to lead and/or participate in the research and fact finding to modify or develop moderately complex company applications/information systems. Under limited supervision, modify, create, implement and/or maintain application programs and projects as assigned.
What technical / soft skills are necessary to perform this job (years of experience)?
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Responsible for application programming of moderately complex systems within assigned functional area/systems and may be responsible for completion of a phase of a project
- Design, code, test, debug and implement systems, functions and related applications necessary to meet business needs, working under limited supervision. Work with cross-functional IT areas to coordinate development projects.
- May lead the research and fact finding to modify, develop, implement and maintain moderately complex company applications/information systems; develop detailed functional specifications, process documents and/or workflow diagrams for application programming.
- Assist with the development of project scope, objectives and milestones to meet assigned project definition and requirements.
- Work with IT Project Managers, Business Analysts and/or business users to provide detail application/system information.
- Troubleshoot program issues and interface with appropriate IT sub-departments and/or cross functional business areas to create and provide detailed application/system information to resolve any issues.
- Ensure timely documentation of new programs or changes to existing programs.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and best Information Technology practices; make recommendations to improve current programs and processes.
- May provide guidance and/or training to lesser experienced Programmer Analysts.
- Participate in the on-call support rotation.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed as assigned for this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements; additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Knowledge, Skills Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate IT programming in a non-technical manner.
- Must have strong organizational, prioritization, analytical and problem solving skills. Must be detail oriented and have strong project/time management and research skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, MS Project and Visio.
- Ability to interact with management. Ability to travel up to 10% based upon department and customer needs.
Demonstrable and proven UI experience with design skills and a strong portfolio
- Strong experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Balsamiq, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Ability to present designs and sell solutions to various stakeholders. Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Knowledge of Lucidchart/Omnigraffle
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies
What education is required, or equivalent years of experience?
- Bachelor's Degree (Required) Information Technology
- Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Five years of Information Technology experience in applications systems analysis and programming.
- Fully proficient in and applies Application Systems Analysis and Programming knowledge.