- Holland, MI
- Job Type:
This role of the Quality Manager is responsible for leadership of the manufacturing site(s) operations, as defined by the company requirements and applicable customer requirements. The position reports to the Plant Manager with dotted line reporting to the Regional Quality Manager.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all quality systems for the assigned manufacturing site.This includes ensuring compliance to applicable Business Operating System requirements (BOS).
- Ensure compliance to all applicable quality Customer-specific systems and requirements.
- Ensure compliance of all quality controlled documentation, document change activities and record retention requirements.
- Provide direction, mentorship, training guidance and day-to-day management of the site quality team (Quality Engineers, Quality Techs, Lab personnel, etc.)
- Work with customers, suppliers Launch personnel and Operations staff to achieve business deliverables.
- Lead and promote effective problem solving/corrective action activities for the facility.
- Oversee the Internal Audit program including maintaining an internal audit team, scheduling audits, ensuring non-conformances and opportunities for improvement are properly documented and closed out.
- Develop the facility quality team to meet the requirements of the Skills Assessment matrix.
- Report out all required daily, weekly and monthly quality metrics.
- Assist in the preparation, maintenance, review and submission of quality deliverables including: Process Flows, Control Plans, Capability Plans, Capability Studies, Dimensional management, MSA studies, and/or PFMEAs.
- Support Continuous Improvement initiatives of the facility.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships resulting in excellent customer satisfaction.
- Conduct all work activities following company safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate “Acceptable” behaviors per the Employee Competency Model.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Quality, Engineering, or Science related field with 5-7 years of related work experience is required.
- Relevant automotive quality leadership experience (5 years minimum required).
- Relevant staff leadership experience is required (5 years).A record of formal leadership/management training is highly desirable.
- Experience with ISO/QS/TS Quality Systems is required. VDA expertise highly desirable for positions involving German customers.Lead Auditor certification is highly desirable.
- Experience in Advanced Quality Planning is required, including strong proficiency with the AIAG Advanced Quality Planning and Control Plan, FMEAs, PPAPs, MSA and Statistical Process Control (SPC) standards.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts, design of experiments and problem solving methodology is required. Six Sigma certification or equivalent experience is required.
- Black Belt certification and experience with Minitab software is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing methods is highly desirable.
- Proficient in use of a computer and common office software is required (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, including ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Good mechanical/technical skills and ability to read engineering drawings are desirable. GD&T proficiency is highly desirable.
- Excellent problem solving skills are required, including experience preparing problem solving documents such as 8D’s.
- American Society for Quality certification, such as current CQE and CMQ/OE status, is highly desirable.
- Experience working directly with customers and suppliers, particularly automotive related, is required.