- Holland, MI
- Job Type:
- Manages, motivates, and leads the Process Technicians ensuring appropriate direction, training, and evaluation.
- Motivates, and trains the mold setters ensuring appropriate training, and evaluation.
- Develops and maintains the process standards in which all parts are manufactured.
- Verifies and applies narrow ranges for optimum process to meet customer expectations.
- Reviews production and operating records and resolves technical processing issues.
- Follows established action plans for processes out of range.
- Manages exploration of new materials and processes in order to achieve the best quality, process, and reliability.
- Compiles data and analyzes past and current information in order to assist in the preparation of the budget.
- Works with tool shops for all tool repair and maintenance.
- Maintains documentation closely following necessary timelines on specific projects.
- Enforce safety rules daily. Noncompliance of safety rules requires support with HR on disciplinary action and/or termination.
- Actively intervene to correct recognized unsafe actions and conditions.
- Conduct daily observations of PPE use and safe work practices adherence and coach employees as needed.
- Ensure that all accidents including first aid are reported.
- Build credibility through continuous demonstration of safety as a value through their personal actions.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. This employee is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department and/or facility.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Plastics Processing or (8) to ten (10) years plastics processing experience.
- Ability to plan, organizes, communicate, and motivate employees. Must be able to prioritize own workday schedule.
- Motivated to continue developing skills related to plastic processing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand necessary safety procedures and precautions