- Lansing, MI
- Job Type:
The Web Administrator provides operational support of the web server infrastructure in order to maintain optimal performance and functionality of multiple websites. This includes the installation, configuration, administration, maintenance and tuning of web servers. Additionally, the Web Administrator troubleshoots server issues and provides technical support to Web design and development teams.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the installation, configuration, security, operations, and maintenance of all web servers, application servers and other software used by Client's web sites.
- Administers the internet/intranet infrastructure, including components such as web servers, application servers, source control and deployment software.
- Conducts application and infrastructure monitoring, capacity planning, workload modeling, and predictive analyses to identify potential issues.
- Monitors usage statistics and logs and produces reports on user and web site behavior.
- Implement updates, upgrades, and patches in a timely manner to limit loss of service.
- Troubleshoots web/application server problems and security issues and resolves as necessary.
- Tests backups or recovery plans regularly and resolves any issues.
- Collaborates with development teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve usability issues.
- Provides on-call 24x7 system support on a rotational basis.
- Strong scripting experience (shell, perl, tcl, or python).
- Knowledge of Apache; WebSphere, WebLogic, or JBoss; J2EE technologies
- Knowledge of ARA technologies or deployment automation techniques
- Knowledge of build tools like GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory, Sonar
- Knowledge of Windows, networking protocols, and general web programming languages.
- Knowledge of Linux, AIX and/or Solaris operating system(s).
- Knowledge of application and infrastructure monitoring with CA Wily Introscope, HP Sitescope or similar software.
- Good understanding of the software development process.
- Knowledge of JAVA.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, within a team structure.
- Strong written and verbal communication and skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or education.
- 4+ years experience supporting a multi-tiered corporate website.
- At least two years of experience administrating BEA’s WebLogic IBM’s WebSphere, or RedHat’s JBossApplication Server.