- Hudsonville, MI
- Job Type:
- Supervises CAD Operators and Engineering Assistants, when required.
- Gathers information necessary to begin design.
- Determines the extent and type of controls required to construct the assigned machine(s).
- Sizes all electric, pneumatic and hydraulic components.
- Contacts vendors for information needed.
- Programs logic controllers and any other components necessary including, but not limited to, robots, servo drivers, displays and remote interfaces.
- Progresses with designs of multiple machines.
- Reviews, resolves and investigates opportunities that arise pertaining to active jobs.
- Reviews procedures and makes suggestions for company standards procedures.
- Generates bills of material, controls schematics and software required for controls construction.
- Maintains network files as required for the controls design department.
- Evaluates new and/or additional software.
- Reviews with mechanical engineering intent for machine construction.
- Directly supervises and participates in the construction of machine manuals.
- Gathers all appropriate literature required for the construction of machine manuals.
- Resolves problems encountered by manufacturing.
- Troubleshoots machines at the customer’s facility. Time may be considerable depending on the complexity of the machine(s).
- Conducts operator and maintenance training. May be required at the customer’s facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field.
- 5 years experience in controls design and engineering.
- Ability to read controls schematics.
- Ability to draw controls schematics.
- Ability to use AutoCAD Electrical drafting.
- Ability to program for Allen Bradley controllers.
- Knowledge of machine building practices
- Knowledge of machine control practices.